Blog Post TitleMarch 4, 2019
International Women's Day 8 March
You surely know that March 8th is International Women's Day.
Do you know the origin of this holiday?
The origin of this day is rooted in the workers' struggles and the numerous demonstrations of women demanding the right to vote, better working conditions and equality between men and women, which agitated Europe and the Western world. at the beginning of the 20th century.
The appearance of the International Women's Day is proposed in 1910, at the international conference of socialist women, precisely by Clara Zetkin.
This day was formalized in 1977 by the United Nations and is still celebrated on March 8th.
International Women's Day is celebrated every year by women's groups around the world. It is also celebrated at the United Nations and in many countries. When women from all continents, often divided by national boundaries and racism, cultural, economic and political differences, come together to celebrate their Day, they can see, if they look back, that it is is a tradition of at least 90 years of struggle for equality, justice, peace and development.
How to celebrate this day?
To educate themselves to inform themselves:
• Go to a bookstore and buy a few books to improve your knowledge of the issue. Read about exceptional women around the world and history.
• Invite your friends to an evening that will focus on watching movies about women, including those from other countries and cultures.
Raise awareness :
• Use social media: These are ways to raise public awareness about certain issues. Visit Instagrame and Facebook to post messages about famous women or links to articles that showcase women's struggles around the world.
• Wear red clothes: To make their cause better known, women generally celebrate this holiday by dressing in red. This practice is widespread in most countries. Make a splash with a red blouse or t-shirt during this day. Thus, you will prove your commitment to the demands of women.
• Share your experience: Many women have stories to tell about the discrimination they have experienced. You may be in this case. You may also mention situations in which you have had success or encountered difficulties. Try to share your experience by participating in radio shows or by posting articles on Facebook.
Celebrating a particular woman:
• Tell a woman how important you are to him. It can be your boss, a close woman, your wife or your friend. You will have to compliment her on her achievements and explain to her the reasons for your attachment. For example, if it is your line manager, show him that he is very competent and that you enjoy working with her.
• Thank the women. Do not limit yourself to listing the reasons for their importance. Thank them for being with you and accomplishing great things. This can range from a simple thank you to your mother or a compliment to a friend who has helped you during difficult times in your life.
As the site dedicated to this day says: "International Women's Day remains a hot topic today. Because as long as equality between men and women will not be achieved, we will need to celebrate it. "